To be a Premier Institute of India for academic Excellence and Holistic Developent of Individuals.
To be committed towards making Education Inclusive and to enhance Education by a Knowledge-driven, Technology-enabled and Learner-friendly Pedagogy with an endeavor to develop Employable citizens with Human Values and Social Commitment.
Our Quality Policy
- We, at Dhempe College of Arts & Science, wish to be recognised locally and globally as a centre of education in Science & Arts where quality is assured.
- We, at Dhempe College would like to enhance the image of our organisation to be recognised by one and all for our quality standards.
- We would like to set a baseline for continual improvement in our productivity & efficiency.
- We will provide excellant service to our customers who are our students, their parents and industries at large who will employ our students in their organisation.
- We observe academic standards laid down by our affiliating University, the Goa University and maintain financial accountability to Government of Goa and all other funding agencies.
DEMPO CHARITIES TRUST
The blossoming of Goa in the sphere of education, art and culture, business and sports would be incomplete without the inputs made by the house of 'Dempo'. The altruistic spirit of this family has echoed within the walls of the State and has also sky rocketed Goa and Goans into national and international arenas.
This philanthropic attitude saw the foundation of Dempo Charities Trust. The Trust manages four educational institutions in Goa.
- Dhempe College of Arts & Science established in 1962 and located at Miramar. (NAAC accredited 'A').
- Srinivasa Sinai Dempo College of Commerce & Economics established in 1966 and located at Altinho. ( NAAC accredited 'B').
- Vasantrao Dempo Higher Secondary School of Arts & Science established in 1975 and located at Miramar.
- Voicuntrao Sinai Dempo Higher Secondary School of Commerce established in 1975 and located at Miramar.
The total enrollment in these institutions is around 3,500. The Trust strives to provide state of art infrastructure in all these institutions. As a result, the students in these institutions have performed very well in public examinations and have frequently appeared in the merit lists of educational Boards and Universities.
These students have also excelled in extra curricular activities, in sports and athletics. Many have performed well, not only in inter- collegiate events but even in inter-university and national level competitions. The N.S.S. units have rendered commendable services to the community. The N.C.C wing does the institutions proud with cadets representing the college at state and national levels.
The institutions of Dempo Charities Trust are affiliated to Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Examinations and Goa University. But besides this they are also associated with other educational and professional bodies. Dhempe College of Arts and Science which has recently been given "A" accreditation by the National Accreditation and Assessment Council in the year 2010 and is also ISO certified, hosts the North Goa Study Centre of Indira Gandhi National Open University and is centre for CAT examination of I.T.M.S.S. Dempo College of Commerce and Economics is the centre for professional examinations for bodies such as Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, New Delhi, Institute of Company Secretaries of India, Indian Coast and Works Accountants.
Apart from managing these educational institutions, the Trust also provides annual scholarships and financial assistance amounting to Rupees Five lakhs, to hundreds of needy and deserving students from the institutions under its management but also to students from different parts of Goa as well as outside Goa.
The Trust has also been extending financial assistance to various educational, socio-cultural and religious institutions.
With a view to filling the gap that exists in the field of research in Goa in subject related to Goa's culture, arts, society, biodiversity etc. the Dempo Charities Trust has established a fellowship. The financial grant of rupees 1 lakh is granted on the basis of merit for the completion of research in a scientific manner. This fellowship also aims at strengthening and consolidating the intellectual foundations of Goa. Dr. Phal Desai of Canacona was the first recipient of this financial grant.
The Trust has recently instituted twenty five scholarships in memory of founder trustee Late Padmashri Vasantrao Sinai Dempo for students from Santa Cruz for pursuing higher education.
The Trust also supports and promotes cultural activities like music, theatre and festivals promoting Goan traditions, Seminars, Workshops, Conferences, Training camps conducted by Goa University and other professional bodies find supports of the Trust.
To commemorate the work of late Shri Vasudeva V. Sinai Dempo and to give filling to intellectual development of Goa, the Trust has started an Annual Memorial lecture series after the illustrious "Son of Goa - Vasudeva V. Sinai Dempo". Vasudeva Dempo's contribution to education and research in Goa is tremendous. Indeed, he gave as much importance to social, educational and cultural activities as he gave to his own business. Truly, his dedication and sincerity in undertaking various efforts to contribute to the cultural, social, and educational advancement was beyond compare.
It can be stated that the Dempo Charities Trust has provided yeoman service in educational, social and cultural fields in Goa. It will strive to continue doing this noble service in future too..