The Department of Computer Science & IT was established in the year 2000. The Department offers a six units BSc Computer Science course. Information Technology is a compulsory subject for F.Y.B.A. & F.Y.B.Sc. students. The course follows syllabi recommended by Goa University.
The department is well equipped with latest computers. It has 2 computer laboratories with 40 computers, 2 LCD projectors , 1 Xerox machine, 1 scanner. Along with the regular course, the department also conducts UGC sponsored Career Oriented Course in Office Secretary and Web designing & Web Development, for which UGC has sanctioned 17 Lakhs. A range of short term courses like PHP MySQL, Pagemaker, Macromedia Flash, Android Application Development, and many more are offered to the students.
The Department has a Departmental Library, which has 492 books for students reference.
The Department is the RESOURCE centre for Spoken Tutorial Programs by IIT Mumbai and has conducted a number of Spoken tutorial sessions for students and staff.
The students of computer science are sent for On The Job Training to different organizations such as : Goa Shipyard Limited, Zenith Computers Ltd., Digi Link, Glenmark Generics Limited, Demerg systame, etc.
|No. of Teaching and Administrative staff:||10|
|No. of seminars / conferences organized:||5|
|No. of Research Projects completed:-|
|No. of Ongoing Projects completed:-|
|Details of Value Addition courses|
|Significance of Course:|
|Name/Qualification||:||Mr. Saurabh Naik, ME (Computer Science), NET|
|Teaching Experience||:||1 years|
|Name/Qualification||:||Mr. Senon De Souza, MCA|
|Name/Qualification||:||Ms. Lavina D'Silva, MCA|
|Teaching Experience||:||1 years|
|Name||:||Ms. Shalini Bhat|
|Name||:||Mr. Sarvesh Paidarkar|
Activities of the Department of Computer Science & IT
Academic Year 2016-17
Ms Shilpa Naik
- Attended a 1 day workshop on new syllabus for TYBSc Computer Science organized by Chowgule college , Margao on 25th June 2016.
- Participated in two day workshop on “The Teacher and the Taught” at Dhempe College on 27th and 28th June 2016.
- Organised a Motivational talk on Free Entrepreneurship courses by Mr Prasad Kulkarni, Assistant Director, Ministry of MSME(Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise), Govt of India on 20th July 2016 for TYBSc students of the College. Mr Kulkarni explained the various schemes launched by Government of India for young entrepreneurs and the free courses provided by the Government with a certificate from MSME. Mr Arvind Pitre, Chief Faculty for Courses, introduced to the concept of Entreneurship and how one can go about staring on business. Mr Satish Gaonkar, Department of Industry, informed students about various schemes offered by Goa Government. Mr Shriram Pachindre, Editor, Gomantak, Ms Chitra Kshirsagar, Social worker, also participated in the sessions giving their active inputs.
- Organised talk on Digital Marketing and its scope by Mr Abhay Bhamaikar, , Vibrant Skill Sets Solutions, Verna for students of computer science on 4th August 2016 at 12noon.
- Organised talk on Android application development by Ms Arya Padte and Mr Prajot Mainkar for Computer Science students on 16th August 2016 in Seminar Hall.
- Was a runner up at the Womens Badminton tournament on 29th August 2016, National Sports Day observed at Dhempe College.
- Organised 1 day workshop on BSc Computer Science Semester VI papers on 30th November 2016. 28 faculty members across Goa participated in the workshop. Subject experts from Goa University, Shri Ramdas karamali and Shri Venkatesh Prabhu guided the faculty.
Mr Sacheet Parshikar
- Participated in 1 day workshop on Android at St Xaviers College, Mapusa, on 20th August 2016.
Ms Smita Naik
- Participated in 1 day workshop on Agile Software Development at Govt College of Science Arts & Commerce, Khandola, Goa on 25th August 2016.
Ms Rumana Pathan
- Participated & presented paper titled ‘Teaching & Learning of Divergent & Convergent Thinking Skills using DCT’ at 8th IEEE International Conference on Technology for Education at IIT Bombay from 2nd to 5th December 2016.
Ms Nisha Nair
- Won the Womens Badminton tournament on 29th August 2016, National Sports Day observed at Dhempe College.
- Organised Spoken Tutorial sessions on Libre Office for FYBSc & FYBA students from 31st October to 4th November 2016.
Ms Pradnya Chandgadkar
- Conducted free entrepreneurship course by MSME on MS Office & Internet for 18 students in Aug-Sept 2016.
Ms Lavina DSilva
- Won the Womens Carrom competition on 29th August 2016, National Sports Day observed at Dhempe College.