The Department of Mathematics is one of the oldest department of the college. Mathematics is taken at F.Y and S.Y level for the PCM and the computer science students of the college. The department is always ready to take up Mathematics at TY level with 6 units if the requirement of sufficient students is fulfilled. The department encourages students to attend the MTTS ( Mathematical Training and Talent Search) programme.
TYBSC MATHS PERFORMANCE
|Academic Year||Percentage (%)|
|2012 - 13||80%|
|2013 - 14||100%|
|2014 - 15||66.6%|
MATHEMATICS TRAINING AND TALENT SEARCH PROGRAMME
The department of Mathematics encourages students to attend the MTTS programme.
- 2013-14 Two SYBSC students of Mathematics Deevena Ferrao and Sujata Desai are selected for the MTTS ( Mathematics Training and Talent Search Programme) funded by National Board for Higher Mathematics ,in the summer vacation at Goa university venue.
|No. of Teaching and Administrative staff:||3|
|No. of seminars / conferences organized:||-|
|No. of Research Projects completed:|
|No. of Ongoing Projects:|
|Details of Value Addition courses:||-|
|Name of Faculty/Qualification||:||Rahul Ravindra Naik, MSc in Mathematics|
|Teaching experience||:||2.5 years|
|Name of Faculty/Qualification||:||Vitendra Vishnu Mhatonkar, MSc in Mathematics|
|Teaching experience||:||2 years|
- Under the Personality Enhancement Programme , the Mathematics department organized an inter-department Mathematica Competition . ( Simple Mathematical Aptitude Competition) on 15th January 2014.
- The prize winners are:
- Philosophy department (first )
- English department (second)
- Geology department ( third)
- A lecture on “ Knot Theory” by Dr A.J. Jayathan Associate professor in mathematics at Goa university , was organized on 24th September 2014 . It was attended by the Physics, Chemistry and Computer Science students. ( Fy,Sy,Ty).
- Extra Activities:
- Personality enhancement activities
- Day care Center activities.
- Sexual harassment awareness and prevention committee activities.
The department has received a grant of 198,000/- from UGC for a minor research project in Application of Industrial Mathematics