Physics Department is one of the premier Department of the College which provides Undergraduate Education in the subject of Physics . The Department was permanently affiliated to the Bombay University since inception of the College and later to Goa University since 1986 . The Department has maintained tie up with National Institute of Oceanography Goa Science Centre and Association of Friends of Astronomy (Panaji Goa) for student related project activities and for conducting seminars workshops for teachers students and public awareness.
- To develop keen interest in the subject of Physics and motivate students to pursue higher studies.
- To contribute towards the popularisation of Physics.
- To start new non- conventional courses which will help students to get employability.
Infrastructure available in the Department
- Staff room equipped with computer with Wi-fi facility.
- Physics Lab equipped with Audio Visual aids: OHP, LCD projector , Charts and Models
- Physics Lab equipped with Electronic Test Equipments such as CROs, Signal Generators, Analog and Digital Meters for physical measurements.
- Physics department has procured Hall effect apparatus, Laser-optoelectronic kit, Frank Hertz apparatus, Michelson’s interferometer, Ultrasonic interferometer with accessories etc. for laboratory.
- Physics Department has Five Astronomical Telescope meant for sky observation.
COURSES RUN BY THE DEPARTMENT
- Goa University affiliated course -.B.Sc Physics (6 Units).
- Non Conventional Certificate Course in – Electrical & Electronics Instrumentation.
|No. of Teaching and Administrative staff:||9|
|No. of seminars / conferences organized:||-|
|No. of Research Projects completed:|
|No. of Ongoing Projects completed|
|Activities:||Science exhibitions, Movies, Field trips and Popularization of Science talks.|
|Details of Value Addition courses||:|
|Name:||Certificate Course in Electrical and Electronic Instrumentation|
|Significance of Course:||The undergraduate students of B.Sc degree will get add-on qualifications and knowledge of technical value simultaneously while pursuing their B.Sc degree course. Students, who have done add-on courses, can get preference for jobs in Industries, can set up their own small scale manufacturing, processing service or marketing unit. The area of work for pass outs will be designing, manufacturing, servicing etc. of various systems involving instrumentation and will help in developing an ability towards market survey for ascertaining the availability of products and their specifications, price selection, cost estimation and report writing. The course if pursued simultaneously with Physics as the core discipline at the undergraduate will strengthen the knowledge of core discipline and help those who would like to pursue higher studies in Physics at the Post graduate level/Research.|
|Name of Faculty/Qualification||:||Dr. Ramu Murthy, M.Sc. ,Ph.D.|
|Designation||:||Associate Professor & Head, Dept. of Physics|
|Teaching experience||:||27 years|
|Email ID||:||email@example.com||Read More|
|Name of Faculty/Qualification||:||Sandeep Burye, M.Sc., Dip.HE|
|Teaching experience||:||30 years|
|Name of Faculty/Qualification||:||Ms. Alysia Fernandes, M.Sc|
|Teaching experience||:||1 year|
|Name||:||Mr. Abhay Bodke|
|Name||:||Mr. Pravin Shirodkar|
|Name||:||Mr. Vasant Haldankar|
|Name||:||Mr. Vasant Haldankar|
Telescope making workshop for students
Excursion trip to Kaiga Nuclear Plant, Karwar
Outreach programme at Penha de Franca village in association with Association of Friends of Astronomy
Talks on Popularisation of Science
Screening of movies related to Physics and Astronomy under PEP.
Active role of the Physics department in the form of Initiatives for Solar Programmes
Active role in organizing the Western Regional Instrumentation workshop for lab technicians of all schools and colleges in Goa