Last Updated : –
WORKSHOP ON DATA ANALYSIS AND STATISTICAL TECHNIQUES USING “R”
A workshop on Data Analysis and Statistical Techniques using “R” was conducted by Department of Mathematics, DCT’s Dhempe College of Arts and Science on 15th ,16th, 19th and 20th March 2019. The workshop was sponsored by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of Goa.
The Aim of the Workshop was to enhance the skills of College teachers in Goa in Statistical Techniques using the open software “R” so as to benefit the students of the various colleges in Goa. The Resource persons for this workshop were Dr. Amiya Ranjan Bhowmick from Institute of Chemical Technnology, Mumbai and Dhempe College Department Faculty Assistant Professor Miss. Sujata Desai. Demonstration and hands on training was conducted for the Participants. Practice Sessions were conducted for the Participants so that they are well trained to conduct the training for the students in their respective colleges.
Participants from 11 different colleges in Goa attended and participated enthusiastically in the workshop with keen interest in learning the skill of “R” for Statistical Techniques. The workshop was co-ordinated by Assistant Professor Mr. Rahul Sawant under the leadership of Mrs. Maria Suzana Miranda with the guidance of the College Principal Dr. Vrinda Borker and Administrator Mr. Rajesh Bhatikar. The participants were from the field of Psychology, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Commerce and Education. One research student from Goa University also took the benefit of the Workshop. Our college students from T.Y.B.Sc and S.Y.B.Sc took advantage of this workshop.
Two day International Conference on “Nanomaterials for Environmental Applications” (NEA 2019) held on 6th -7th March 2019
The two day International Conference on Nano-materials for Environmental Applications (NEA-2019) was organized by DCT’s Dhempe College of Arts & Science, Miramar, Goa on 6th-7th March 2019 at Goa Science Centre, Miramar. The Conference focused on the research activities pursued by researchers in India and abroad on Nano-materials and their Environmental Applications. The Conference was sponsored by Meizo university Japan, Dempo Charities Trust, Directorate of Science & Technology Goa.
The Conference received huge response of research papers by researchers from esteemed institutions like IITs, BITs, Japan, America, Bangladesh, Nepal. All together 53 abstracts were received. After reviewing the abstract by the review committee 18 abstracts were selected for oral presentations and 31 abstracts for poster presentations. 27 institutions took part in the Confrence.11 resource persons were invited as guest speakers
The International Conference was inaugurated on 6th March 2019 at Goa science Centre, in the distinguished presence of the Chief Guest, Prof. Varun Sahini, Vice Chancellor of Goa University, Guest of Honour and Key note speaker Prof. Takahiro Maruyama, Meijo Univesity, Japan, Shri. Shrinivas Dempo, Chairman of Dempo Charities Trust, Shri. Rajesh Bhatikar, Administrator ,Dr. Vrinda Borker, Principal of Dhempe College of Arts & Science and Convenor of the Conference, Mrs. Manjiri Barve, Vice Principal. The organizing secretaries of the conference Dr. Miskil Naik and Dr. Digamber Porob were also present.
For the conference the deliberations were presented by
- Prof. Takahiro Maruyama from Meizo University,Japan on “Nanomaterial research towards environmental applications”
- Prof. Satish Ogale from Dept. of Physics and Centre for Energy Science, IISER Pune on “Designing New Nanomaterials an Architectures for Clean Energy and Environmental Applications”.
- Prof. Haram of the National Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Mumbai University on “Electrochemical Investigations of CZTS Nanocrystals and its Analogues for Solar Cell Applications”.
- Dr. Md. Abu Bin Hasan Susan of University of Dhaka, Bangladesh on “Tuning Size and Distribution of Polymer Nanocomposites by using Water in Oil Microemulsion”.
- Prof. Dhirendra Bahadur of Materials Science and Engineering, IIT Goa on “Thermo-chemotherapy for cancer through nanohybrids”.
- Prof. Narendra Nath Ghosh of Dept of Chemistry, BITS Pilani, K.K. Birla Campus, Goa on “Novel Synthetic methodologies for preparation of varieties of nanostructures material and their applications”
- The Skype talk delivered by Prof. Rongchao Jin, Dept of Chemistry, Carnegie Mellon University, USA on “Towards Atomic Precision in Nanoscience”.
- Prof. K.S. Rane, currently working at Rani Channamma University, Belgavi. He spoke on “Revisiting MoO3 system: N-doped catalysts”.
- Dr. MahuaSaha, Senior Scientist at NIO, Goa. She spoke on the topic “Characterization and quantification of primary micro/nanoplastics in personal care products and washing effluents in Goa, India”.
- Prof. Rameshwar Adhikari of Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu, Nepal on “Environmental Friendly Fabrication of Nanomaterials for Biomedical Applications”.
- Dr. S.R. Dharwadkar from Bhabha Atomic Research Centre on “Microwave Assisted Solid State Synthesis of Advanced Technical Ceramics”
The students of the Dhempe College presented Cultural programme on 6th March 2019.Which was followed by a grand dinner for the delegates at Clube de Gaspar Dias, Miramar ,Goa.
A parallel session was organized to the M.Sc. students all over Goa at Seminar Hall , Dhempe College on 7th March 2019. 125 students from 5 different colleges interacted with Prof. Takahiro Maruyama ,Prof. S.R. Dharwadkar, Dr. Md. Abu Bin Hasan Susan, Prof. Rameshwar Adhikariand gained knowledge on the ongoing research work and the methodology used.
The Oral presentation were judged by Prof. P.R. Sarode, Prof. K.S. Rane and Prof. Susan Hasan
The posters were evaluated in the lunch break by Prof. K.S. Rane, Prof. P.R.Sarode and Dr. Mahua Saha
The first prize for oral presentation was awarded to Ms. Priyanka Makkar of BITS Pilani, Goa.
The best poster prize was shared by 3 participants
Ms. Jenyslyn Fernandes of St. Xaviers College, Goa,
Dr. Pritam Borkar of PES College, Goa
Mr. Domnic Dias of PES College, Goa.